Duck Festival has new parade route
The Trumann Duck Festival parade will be following a new path this year. The parade will begin near the corner of Temple Street and 463 and end at the intersection of 463 and Main. From there people are encouraged to go directly to the sports complex for the political rally. Anyone can participate in the parade. For more information on the parade contact Gary Anderson at 870-483-2312.
Other events taking place are:
- Anyone wishing to participate in the horseshoe toss needs to contact Wayne Carr.
- Tickets for the $1,000 drawing are available to buy. Any business or organization that wishes to sell tickets needs to contact the Chamber of Commerce.
- The Miss Mallard Pageant is Saturday, Sept. 14 at the High School Auditorium. Registration can be done until the pageant begin. For more information contact Cara Harrison, Brittany Payne or Jennifer Giddings.
- There will be a blood drive on Friday, Oct. 3 from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. at the Sports Complex.
- The will be a senior softball exhibition game on Friday, Oct. 3 at the complex.
- There are still booths available for rent. The cost is $25 for both days of the festival. Anyone can have a booth and sell food, arts and crafts, antiques and merchandise.
- Mutual of Omaha will have a booth set up for parents to have their children's profile recorded in case of an emergency situation. The French Club and Police Department aill be assisting.