TPD offers safety tips for holidays
Trumann Police Department detective Jerry Foster offered the following tips for keeping your presents, home and vehicle safe during the holidays.
- Keep all doors and window locked on your home.
- Don't keep presents in view from doors and windows.
- Don't put boxes from appliances and gifts outside in view where potential burglars can see what items have been purchased.
- Keep an eye out on your neighbors and report and suspicious behavior to your local police department.
- If you keep gifts in your car, put them in the trunk and not in your backseat where they can be seen.
- When shopping be aware of your surrounding, take special notice if someone seems particularly interested in what you are placing in your car.
- Keep a list of all receipts incase items are stolen, make special note of serial numbers.